It's official I'm going to Disney World!
I paid the fee yesterday morning and chose my arrival date! I'll be checking into Vista Way on August 30!!! It all seems so real now, it's crazy. My mom gave me a Mickey necklace Thursday night when I found out that I got in, I will not take it off. =)
I already want to start looking for stuff for the apartment, but I still have 6 months to wait. The wait is going to kill me, I know it is. I already found two girls who want to be roommates with me! Now I just need an immediate roommate, you know, like someone to share the actual bedroom with me. We want to stay in Chatham or Patterson, 2 or 3 bedrooms. I guess I'll paste my roommate survey below, if you want to room with me just let me know!
1. Your name?: Joanna!
2. Are you legal (over 21)?: Yes! I’ll be 23 on Aug. 9!
3. Male or female?: Female
4. Gay, straight, bi (optional): Straight
5. Where do you live?: Brooklyn, NY
6. What role will you have at Disney?: QSFB
7. What are your arrival/departure dates/program (fall, fall advantage, fall quarter)?: 8/30/2010-1/7/2011- Fall!
8. Which apartment complex would you prefer to live at? I prefer Chatham or Patterson. I’m not a huge party person, sure I like a good drink every once and a while but nothing crazy.
9. How many roommates/rooms would you like? (1-7 roommates, 1-4 rooms)?: Either 2 or 3 bedrooms. I’ll be open to anything really if I can get into Chatham or Patterson.
10. Do you like to party? Will you be hosting parties in your apartment?: I’m more of a movie night in type of person, but wouldn’t mind if a roommate had one once in a while.
11. What's your favorite food, and more importantly, can you cook well?: My favorite food is definitely junk food. I have weird eating habits, I like to eat any time of day, no matter if I’m hungry or not. I can cook…ramen and mac and cheese! But really, I think I’m decent enough at cooking.
12. If your friends could describe you in three words what would they be?: Quirky, open-minded, Fun. I just asked them.
13. What kind of music/movies do you like?: I like typical “girly” movies, I’ve seen Titanic more times than I can count. I love boy bands, my favorites being McFly, *NSYNC, O-Town and 2ge+her. I tend to rock out to them quite often, while singing into a hair brush.
14. Do you smoke, and if so, inside or outside?: Not a smoker!
15. Do you drink? (socially or alcoholic) I am a social drinker. I enjoy wine. I think in the past year I must have drank maybe 4 times.
16. Are you a night person or a morning person?: I love mornings but I am definitely a night person.
17. Are you driving or flying down?: My family is on vacation in Disney the week before, and I’m flying, I don’t drive.
18. What do you do for fun?: Dance around in my bedroom, read, hang out with friends. Quite normal activities.
19. What is your favorite quote?: “Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas”
20. What are you most excited about in being in the WDWCP?: I’m excited that I’ll be able to live and work in Disney World. Also, to meet so many people.
21. Favorite things to do when not working: In Disney? I’ll be at the parks any chance I can get!
22. Name one good quality about yourself: I put others before myself, always. This could also be the bad quality.
23. Name one bad quality about yourself: When I’m hungry, I’m grouchy. I must always be fed.
24: Your college: Brooklyn College
25: Your major: History/Education
26. Any medical conditions (optional): Nothing to worry about.
27. Are you messy/tidy?: I’m fairly tidy, especially when I know there are others sharing with me. If I leave something out I will eventually pick it up.
28. Anything else you want to state: Someone be my friend! I tend to ramble when I first meet people or am really shy, it varies. =D
29. Favorite Disney movie? Cinderella and Alice in Wonderland (the original one!)
30. How many times have you been to Disney? About 4 times to Disney World and 4 to Disneyland.
31. Favorite park? It’s a toss between Magic Kingdom and EPCOT, it depends on the day.
32. Favorite ride? Soarin.. or Spaceship Earth… or Haunted Mansion… or Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride, but that’s in DL
33. Favorite show? Fantasmic!
34. Favorite resort? I’ve only stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, and I’ll be staying at French Quarter in August.
35. Favorite dining? Rose and Crown Pub! I love anything and everything from England.
36. Favorite character? The Mad Hatter (original!) and Hamm from Toy Story
37. I prefer to sleep in a room that has: Being from Brooklyn, I could probably sleep through a bomb going off. I prefer some light and/or noise, even if that means I need to have my iPod on.
38. I like to go to bed: when I’m tired?
39. I sleep better when the room is: comfortable.
40. I would prefer to sleep in a room that is: umm, comfortable? But a weird quirk about me is that I need to have the bed against the wall. That’s the only request I have, is that my bed be against the wall.
41. I would prefer guests: be respectful of me and my roommates stuff.
42. I absolutely could not live with a roommate that: is disrespectful and mean.
43. Do you snore: Well I never saw myself sleep, but I’ve never been told that I do.
44. On your day off..what time would you wake up: LATE! Sleeping is a hobby of mine. But while I’m in Disney, I will not want to be wasting any time.
My roommmates and I decided that we would prefer a non-smoker, if possible! If you want to room with me, message me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jomarie?ref=profile
Sunday, February 21, 2010
It's Official!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 have something to say:
Post a Comment